Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Productivity - Inbox Zero

For many months I have been keeping my inbox clean using this method. So far I have fallen off the wagon for short periods of time - allowing a 'todo' item to stick in my inbox because I know I would see it the next day. For the largest portion of time I do have an empty inbox and it does feel good and productive.

I have on occasion been asked, did you get 'such-n-such' email and had no clue. A blank stare back or a 'hum a few bars' request usually helped to snap the memory back into shape.

I have learned to jockey my email search engine and several times it has saved the day within only a few minutes. I have to believe this is an improvement over scrolling down thousands of emails in the inbox to find whatever this person is talking about. Overall I am quite happy with this program and may even suggest it to others drowning in inbox overload.

Regretfully, my boss has yet to take it seriously and twice during this testing phase has reverted to email bankruptcy as I stifle an evil chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment